Most of us are interested in little snippets about our sport. So I thought I would give you some info about things you may not have thought about. Here goes:-
1. The average Flat Jockey is below 5ft 6inches and weighs between 8 and 9 stone.
2. Jockeys boots are mainly synthetic and weigh as little as 300 grass.
3. A Flat racing saddle weighs between one and two pounds in weight.
4. The whip is fitted with a microchip to count how many times the jockey hits the horse with the whip during a race. The whip is around 30 inches long and padded for horse welfare.
5. Breathing…the horses lungs breathe in and out around 140 times per minute delivering around 150 litres of air per second. At 10,000 litres per race this is what a human takes in per day.
6. Horseracing is the second largest spectator sport in Great Britain behind football. Horseracing generates around £3.7 billion for the economy per year in the UK.
7. A racehorse has an average stride of between 20 and 21 feet.
8. The racehorse stride frequency is between 130 and 140 strides per minute.
9. The horses heart beats up to 240 times per minute moving about 60 pints of blood during a race. The horses heart weighs around the same as four bags of sugar…approximately 4 Kgs.
10. Average weight of a racehorse is half a ton. The average speed of a horse in a race is 37.5 miles per hour.
Hope these little facts and snippets are of interest as I found them fascinating.
My service High Roller Racing is still in decent form and as I write the service has a strike rate 58.33% as I write with seven winners from twelve selections… this weeks winners includes Bargy Lady WON 9/4, Buffalo River WON 11/10, Voix Du Reve WON 13/8, Noah And The Arc WON 9/4. So far this month we have a profit of 23.53 points so if you back to £100 per point you are £2,353 in profit. The service is FREE to join and you pay just £10 for a winning tip after it has won. Join free by following the link below the article. Have a great week… my members will!