So here we are it all kicks off tomorrow at 1:30pm the Cheltenham Roar and the first race is under way.
I for one cannot wait and hopefully I can give you some pointers and a good start and kick the festival off with profit from the first race.
My contenders for the race are
• Douvan 2/1
• Lami Serge 7/2
• Jollyallan 9/1
• Shaneshill 12/1
• Seedling 22/1
• Qewy 14/1
Out of those contenders only one of the horses Seedling can tick every box in my previous article.
• Douvan comes into the reckoning for the pure fact that Willie Mullins does well in this race also even though it has only had the 2 runs in the country if you count the runs in france, just like last year’s winner it stands a real chance but being as short as 2/1 do I really want to put my money on a favourite when there has only been one winning favourite in the last 6 years.
• Lami Serge I’m Discounting this one for win purposes although winning its last 3 for the Nicky Henderson I’m not convinced that there is more sufficient improvement to take the spoils
• Jollyallan this comes into play as it just falls outside some of the criteria that I’m looking for and with McCoy on board will always be given a chance and will be a threat
• Shaneshill another Mullins runner if can improve well enough can well be in the mix my worry for this one is that the drop back in distance might just make it a little to pacey
• Seedling ticks every box for me when it comes to the criteria we are looking for, also has been progressing steadily winning all 3 starts after changing yards and I’m expecting more of
• Qewy qualifies as a contender with only one of the criteria not matching up but could be considered for a place.
So I reckon my play for the race will be Seedling and I will go with a 20/80 bet, so 20% of my stake will go on a win bet and the other 80% will go on the place bet.
You can currently get 22/1 on befair win market and 5.2 on the place market or you can play it eve safer and take the 4 places at 2.36
All the best and good luck with your Cheltenham betting.